NOTE: This method is for iPhone 2G users only. For iPhone 3G and 3GS users Click here.
Once you have Jailbroken your iPhone using blackra1n you can proceed with the unlocking process.
If you haven’t done it yet then you should first visit the article on: How to Jailbreak your iPhone using BlackRa1n
As concluded in the above article your iPhone should now be Jailbroken along with cydia installed.
The STEP-by-STEP Guide is as given below:
- Launch Cydia and under the search tab, search for BootNeuter.
- Select BootNeuter from the search results and press install button at the top right
- Now tap the confirm button. Now BootNeuter is being installed.
- Once the installation gets over it will notifiy the completion at the top of the screen. Now press the blue return to cydia button.
- Now exit from Cydia to the Home Screen where you will find the BootNeuter App installed.
- Launch the BootNeuter app.
- Now you’ll see four tabs:
- Version: For this tab there are two options 3.9 and 4.6. Highlight 4.6
- Neuter: This tab should be set to ‘ON’.
- FakeBlank: This tab should be set to ‘OFF’.
- Finally the 4th tab. Unlock: This tab is should be set to ‘ON’.
- Now Tap the Flash button on the top right corner.
- The flashing process might take some time. Do not interupt it in between wait patiently for some time.
- Congrats Your iPhone 2G OS 3.1.2 is unlocked.