Following is the Step-by-Step Guide to Unlock iPhone 3g and 3GS. For 2G iPhone Unlock guide click here.
Once you have Jailbroken your iPhone using blackra1n you can proceed with the unlocking process.
If you haven’t done it yet then you should first visit the article on: Jailbreaking your iPhone using BlackRa1n
There are two methods to Unlock your iPhone 3G or 3GS using BlackSn0w:
- Using Cydia.
- Using blackra1n (if you haven’t uninstalled this app after jailbreaking).
I have provided the unlocking process using both the Apps. You can select any one of them.
Unlocking through Cydia using BlackSn0w:
- Open Cydia and tap the Manage Tab and select Sources.
- Tap the Edit button at the top-right corner.
- Now select the Add button at top-left corner.
- Input this source : http://blackra1n.com in the pop window and press Add Source.
- Once the new source is added. Press the blue Return To Cydia button at the bottom of the screen.
- Now you can see that blackra1n.com source added the sources list. Tap the Done button on the top-right corner.
- Now select the newly added source i.e blackra1n.com. Inside it select blackSn0w.
- Now press the Install button at the top-right corner. Then press the Confirm butoon at the same position.
- Once blackSn0w is installed. You are done with the Unlocking process.That’s right u have done it. Now you have a Jailbroken/Unlocked iPhone. Congrats!!!
Unlocking through Blackra1n using BlackSn0w:
- Open up the blackRa1n App in your iPhone.
- Tap the ra1n button. This upgrades the App.
- After upgrading once again start the Blackra1n App. Now the previously present ra1n button or tab is replaced by a tab named snOw.
- Now press the install button this will install Blacksn0w.
- After this a pop-up comes up saying “Post Install Log for sn0w”. Press the close button.
- Now the iPhone will respring.
- Now you have a Jailbroken/Unlocked iPhone. Congrats!!!